About Insurors Group
Midsize independent insurance Agencies unite!
Insurors Group is a coalition of independent insurance brokerages. Together, we benefit from leverage and resources typically exclusive to much larger entities. In our rapidly consolidating industry, it’s good to know other brokers have your back!
The Insurors Group (IG) began at a brainstorming meeting at the Independent Insurance Agents of Texas Convention in June 1997. Present at the meeting: Tom Chase with Insurors of Texas General Agency in Waco, Randy Reynolds with Texas Associates Insurors in Austin, and John McDavid with GSM Insurors in Rockport.
IG began conducting business in January 1998 as one of the first entities of its kind in Texas. In April 1998, Kayla Slack was hired as the Coordinator for IG. In June 1998, TCOR Insurance Management in New Braunfels joined IG.
In 2000, amid a rapidly-changing insurance market, IG added two more members:
- CBS Insurance | Abilene
- Hertel Insurors Group | Austin
As other independent broker associations began forming across Texas, Insurors Group had to differentiate itself. We reached a special arrangement with trusted insurance companies: IG members became preferred agents, with each agency supporting the carriers’ plans. IG developed relationships with partner companies, presenting all members as one, and committed to seeking mutual goals and results. The in-depth and detailed plan put in place in 2000 remains very successful today.
In May 2002, InSource Insurance Group in Midland and Odessa joined IG. In August 2004, Davis-Dyer-Max in Garland became the eighth member.
Eight other agencies have since joined:
- July 2008: Shepard Walton King Insurance in Harlingen and McAllen
- April 2010: W.D. Bayless in Denison, Sherman, Frisco, Bonham, Greenville, Pottsboro, and McKinney
- July 2010: Upshaw Insurance Agency in Amarillo and Richardson
- March 2014: Galveston Insurance Associates in Galveston and Friendswood
- August 2016: TexCap Insurance Services in Dallas
- June 2020: Sleeper Sewell Insurance in Dallas
- August 2020: Pathfinder/LL&D Insurance Group in Houston and San Antonio
- March 2021: BKCW in Austin, Killeen, Copperas Cove, and Brownwood
IG has achieved the goal of market access and spread of risk throughout Texas. We've never felt pressure to grow our membership merely for the sake of getting bigger. The IG board has long felt that our optimum membership number is somewhere between 9 and 15 agencies. This gives us the advantage of size, yet preserves the effectiveness gained by having a working board that interacts well and is committed to IG’s success. Currently we have 13 members. IG remains open to considering new agency members that fit our profile and offer geographical or market advantages.
Why Do Independent Agencies Join Insurors Group?
Get In Touch